Tuesday, January 17, 2012

They sure do Grow FUNNY!

When ya grow Brussel Sprouts its kinds like Easter Egg hunting

You have to raise the leaves to hunt your SUPRIZE !
I've learned they are alittle hard to pull off

But so worth the little harvest,they are so good!

                                           I got to pick a pan full ,washed them and popped them in the oven and LOL I totally forgot to take a pic before we ate them !!  I used this recipe off Pinterest and trust them they were so good! Even the Grandbaby ate a few !http://www.thecookingphotographer.com/2010/12/oven-roasted-garlic-brussels-sprouts.html
Happy Gardening! May you have a BLESSED DAY!

2 comments:

  1. As well as Crochet I love to grow VEG and I love Brussels. What an old man taught me to do was cut the leaves away once the sprouts had got to a "half way size" that way the get more of the sun / air etc. & there are less problems with bugs e.g. green or black fly etc. I have done this for the last few years and I have always had really good crops !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much for the advice this is the first time I've grown them. Ill go out and try that with the rest of them.we just started our family gardening in the fall so alot to learn.Was able to add 4more Granny Squares last nite:)

    ReplyDelete