Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Don Juan Rose Petal Jam

A Rose is just a Rose UNTIL:
It becomes Don Juan Jam
picked a basket with about a quart of Don Juan Roses ,trimmed the white tips off closets to the bud and any bad spots
washed them ,I see I missed a few tips lol
Soaked them overnight in water cooked them using this sites recipe http://www.emikodavies.com/blog/rose-petal-jam/
I did add 2 tablespoons Liquid Pectin and you can add a drop of  food coloring to enhance whatever color petals you have
it turned out so YUMMY !
Since I have added several of my marmalades to some of my crock-pot meals I thought  my Rose Petal Jam I had canned  might go well with some meat in the crock-pot.

 WOW- O -WOW was it good on a Pork Roast:) No left overs from My Smith Gang! 







My son Spent this afternoon 1/24/2012 pruning them back for this years new growth I can't wait for them to start Blooming again, Hoping they do well again this year they are so Beautiful Blooming,Sometimes its hard to pick them for Jam.


May You have a Blessed Day and Enjoy some Jam or Plant a ROSE:)

4 comments:

  1. That is totally cool. Looks so good. I like your photos. That first one of the rose is so pretty. Makes me want to go plant some roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Rochelle we love Rose Petal Jam I got to can 2 batches before Fall and kids eat it so fast I have to hide the jars.You don't have to add a touch of food coloring I've done it plain too beautiful either way.Cant wait to add a few more Rose bushes this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to have to try this! I would have never thought to use roses in Jam! I have 3 rose bushes in my yard. I can't wait for them to bloom so I can try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY,I was so excited when I found this recipe. Tip on the Roses make sure you only pick those that haven't been sprayed with chemicals. Hope you enjoy it is so good:)

      Delete