Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sophia is 1 :)Happy Birthday Granddaughter

Happy Birthday Marti Sophia
                 Our Family was so excited we got to celebrate our first Granddaughters Birthday .I have been into baking lately(SUPRIZE) ,I have avoided baking for many years so easy to work and grab items from store bakery ,besides I wasn't very good at cakes and a birthday cake lol NO WAY !!!Okay I have a PHOBIA when it comes to ICING ! It always flops or I end up with more on me than on the cake and my cakes usually crack can we say LANDSLIDE :) well in the last year I have managed to make pound cakes after meeting such a sweet 89 year old ,retired restaraunt owner so it was a match made in heaven to help care for her for a year and learn cooking skills from her. So I thought why not give the first Birthday cake a go for my sweet Grandbaby.So we chose Hello Kitty since she can say KittyKat.
As I began with the Icing we shared a few licks! NO BAKERY CAN SHARE THIS MOMENT:)

TODA ! I DID IT !! I MASTERED CREATED AND IT WAS SO YUMMY.

I used Swans cake mix the 1,2,3,4, recipe on back and Wiltons Cream Cheese Icing recipe ,Icing bag and colors from Wiltons with a BIG THANK YOU TO HUBBY for buying new decorating products.I have Conquered my FEARS !lol and we all were impressed .ok so I been looking at THE CAKE BOSS alot.wonder if he would give me personal lessons!


This is my Parents with Sophia ,Her OLE GRANDMAW and GRANDADDAY giving her a Hello Kitty Pillow.so cute.Sophia is named after her Grandaddy Marty, Marti Sophia so Preciuos he was here for her Birthday. 

ahh and this is her Pop-Pop ,love him
      SOPHIA YOU HAVE BEEN CAKED BY YOUR LOLLI!
lol it's a family tradition
        in our house to be CAKED by me the kids know I am going to get them at some point and we all say its not your birthday till you been caked.(Icing in the face)

and her 2 favorite UNCLES Chase and Chad
from now on they say no more bought cakes for Birthdays mom you gotta make and decorate ours HUGE COMPLIMENT !
May you all have a BLESSED DAY and EAT SOME CAKE:)

MrsFoxsSweets

 http://mrsfoxssweets.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. She is so cute, I wish I could give her a hug!!! You did a awesome job on the cake. You are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-You Rochelle ,just seemed to fall inplace yesterday,I was truly Blessed to be in a creating mood and have such success :)

    ReplyDelete