Saturday, January 21, 2012

My First Cake Pops

My First Ever Cakepops!:)
Peppermint Pops  
I have fallen in love with mrsfoxssweets.blogspot.com Blog so much so that I thought I gotta try a couple of her tutorials on  cake pops. Now this lady is a complete baking and pop artist.  And for me this was a huge challenge lol. Alot of  lessons learned but I will say it was FUN and my boys (ages16,12) came to the kitchen and spent time with me as we laughed and created and BRAINSTORMED many times.

I had made a pound cake and unfortunately it stuck to my pan I have made many, many pound cakes even 10 for a bake sale and never once had one to stick to my pan I was first upset then thought ok so maybe I can just use the cake to make the cakepops so I froze the cake till I was ready to give it a try and TRY I DID! I made my own homemade icing using this recipe Classic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, added it to the cake mix and rolled the cakepops. http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/03/buttercream-frosting/
                                                        
 .
Here they are all cute and rolled and ready to pop in freezer and almost ready to be dipped in the Wiltons Peppermint White Chocolate Melts ,this is when the fun began for us cakepop newbies lol, the melts did not melt correctly, we added veggie shortening top help didn't work, I warmed it put in icing bag, too thick, ugh what to do !! Okay so we BRAINSTORMED, and came up with this plan .Use the homemade icing to decorate pops around stick with pink and use a knife to ice the peppermint on, the pink worked the other we ended up heating and molding with our fingers to get the candy peppermint melts to stick on without tearing up our pops and lol the cakepop itself was heavier than our new sticks, we did alot of  holding used  styrofoam to help lol, it got my boys creating, they came out with boxes, screwdrivers to make holes, plans of different kinds of holders finally I saw a picture of a cakepop Bouquet, I grabbed our milkshakeglasses and some pinktissue paper and tadaaahh:but for her great tutorial see her post  http://mrsfoxssweets.blogspot.com/2011/12/peppermint-cake-pops.html
Our PEPPERMINT POPS:)



My Sweet Dear HUBBY ordered me this set to try a different way of making them, also so their may just be more cakepops to come! I was so glad to try and learn a new skill and if you research the new cakepop craze you will definately notice these bakers are true ARTIST:)
May you have a Blessed day and eat some cake or a cakepop:)
This is my first link Party!
MrsFoxsSweets

3 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job. Tomorrow I am going to make cake pops with the kids. They have been a handful this week so I kept putting it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the sweet words and for sharing these pops at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :) It looks like you had a great time with your boys and FUN is what it is all about! I love how you have the pink around the bottom of the pops, they look like pretty flowers! I can't wait to see what you make with your new cake pop pan, that looks neat! Have a Sweet Weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete