Friday, January 13, 2012

A Brand New Black Bucket

My Newest Black Bucket : My Crockpot
               

                        My Smith Gang gave me a wonderful Christmas Gift this year (well 2011) ,a Crockpot .I have been so excited I thought I gotta share the new love I have for it. I have enjoyed being able to throw supper in it and go outside during our Pecan Season and not worry about coming in at a certain time to cook. The meats are cheaper to buy for the crockpot since I can use larger packaged meats .The Chicken I have pulled skin off and boiled to make stock or homemade cream soups recipe found at  http://homejoys.blogspot.com/2008/10/make-it-yourself-cream-soups.html  ,so savings is coming thru in many ways. The  meals only use a few  ingredients ,so simple but  the TASTE has been "MOM  this is sooooo Good"
                    
                            3 meals done since the New Year and everyone of those meals I have had such raves over. I joined Pinterest about the same time and created a board Crock Pot Cookin ,my my the recipes I have gathered in such a short time! I have to share the one Blog on Pinterest that I found and  LOVE ,
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009/01/2008-flashback-entire-year-in-order.html ,
I have made the Pineapple Chicken and the Cream Cheese Chicken Yummy! So worth making:) I did make a few changes to the Pineapple Chicken I took the Broth added 2 cups sugar and 3 tablespoons cornstarch to thicken , so good and better than Chinese Take out!!  I look forward to using her Blog of Recipes often this year.
Our other Favorite meal was the Crockpot Cranberry Pork Roast found at http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-cranberry-port-pork-roast-19492,
I read the recipe and knew I didnt have all the ingredients but had some  great substitutes on hand, I used my homemade Cranberry Orange Marmalade I just canned and used powdered Ginger the recipe turned out Amazing! 
The CUTEST THING about my new Crock Pot was after the tablecloth was on the table, dishes set  ,  Crock Pot  front and Center ,Blessing  said , Chase my youngest  son looked up and said "Mom you have a NEW BLACK BUCKET !"  mmm,what ? he says , look your Crock Pot Dish it's
"A BLACK BUCKET":)


2 comments: