Monday, February 13, 2012

Potatoe Season Has Begun!

Late last summer we tilled up a spot to plant our potatoes

They hauled extra manure ,they so Love that ride lol


We kept it covered with plastic till potatoe season

It's Febuary ! Time to roll it all back 

Boys will be Boys football was at edge of garden
Major DISTRACTION but I do Love to see them having fun


Okay so back to unrolling the potatoe garden

Chase spotted  enormous Ant Beds!!
One quick till of the tractor and we are ready

OMG I was so thrilled to get the FARM its first burlap bag !!!! I felt so SOUTHERN :)

I let them sit in sun alittle while we planted Red & White



I cut the eyes out for planting ,but I've since learned I may not have left enough potatoe on for survival ,EEKS !


                      The Flores family came over for their AG Class

The boys rode the lawnmower wagon to get shovel and hoes and uhoh they ran out of gas but all the laughter of them struggling to push it back under our trees was so worth the trouble ;)Then they all got down to business.


Chase showing Steven about spacing the rows
                                         Sammy planting his first potatoes

Sammy and Chase these little fellows knocked it out ! 
                                                       
Love to see Children learn to LOVE A GARDEN
                                                                   


   Steven planting his rows



Marissa  getting her Home Ec class in. I do believe Miss Sophia is enjoying every minute of it :) 
Love the veins so artistic

She is learning to recognize the collards
We loved the water spots on the collards

look at her hands at work she is just so cute and Dainty:)



Come here Mr.Billy I got something for you lol

Marissa has become a PRO at helping feed the goats

Sophia loves to help feed Goats

Back checking on the guys and Chase has it all under control he remembered to water after planting
IMPRESSED ME ! A+ GUYS



May you have a Blessed day and Happy Planting from :
 The Smith Gang Family Farm

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you're planting potatoes already! I'm envious. Looks like you have a fantastic team of helpers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You we had a Great Team but this was my first time Planting not sure what to expect on how they grow.My dad laughed when I told him the kids used spoons to dig the whole he said "hun ya might have needed a shovel for that progect "OOPPS !mmm I kinda forgot the lesson from the store plant 6 inches deep and 6 inches apart . I will make sure I mound a hill of dirt on them when they start Growing.I know Green Potatoes are Poisonous so I'll be on the Look out :)

      Delete