Saturday, February 18, 2012

Courthouse Courtship

                                     Tim and I took our dating this week
                                     around our towns Square
I have always loved our towns Courthouse
Even thou we have a new annex this is by far our towns most  unique building
We strolled the Square and visited many tiny shops
One new little shop is the Corner Cakery

Tim and I went in for a LoveBirds Treat

Red Velvet Peti For and PeanutButter Cookie


Cruising our Historical Downtown

We visited several Jewelers
We are having to hunt a new Wedding set
I had arthritis set up in my ring finger and the inflammation got so bad we had to cut the ring off :( very sad when you have been wearing that set since your wedding day 24 years ago I never DREAMED of having to replace it !

We crossed over to the new annex  to visit the newest monument in town

My hubby just cracks me up

So funny he had me laughing so HARD


Sorry I was going to give him his photo op but cant see the words written on him

Some of the little shops have the coolest things

Our Chaperone Sophia was a doll she enjoyed every minute of our date. Look at the awesome sidewalk on our towns square kewl huh!

A Southern Belle
The huge Magnolia tree on the Court Yard

The Flame is always lit for our towns Fallen Vets

This is a nice plaque telling how our town got its name ,ya know this is the first time I ever read it and I was born here and at 46 it was so interesting. Colquitt County was named Febuary 25,1856,named for Walter Colquitt He was a famous Lawyer and Methodist Preacher He served in Congress 1839-40  and 1842-43 and in the Senate 1843-1848 " As an Advocate Judge Colquitt stood alone in Georgia "


Welcome and I should Hey Y'ALL Come on IN ! LOL

Lordy forgot what this one said but I do remember Our Womens of  Confederate War League had it made mmm I'll have to back for more info on this one

It is Stunning thou


 This wraps up our Courthouse date
I Love this Pic!

Our Oldest son took this pic of us on Friday Nite @ 9:30 LOL okay so Dating makes ya   TIRED LOL !   

May you Have a Blessed Day ,Make a Date,hold hands and explore your little town
WE DID :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment