Saturday, April 7, 2012

Wild Honey Suckle Jelly *YUMMY*

Wild Honey Suckle Jelly 2012

Tim and I went on a walk at the back of the Farm and picked a Bucket of Wild Vine Honey Suckles

It was so nice to be out and Enjoy my time with Hubby

Love watching him

We filled Our LITTLE BLACK BUCKET

Sophia watching us and Wondering
What are  Lolli-n-PoPPop'S up to?

Pops found her a DewBerry TREAT

Sophia gave it a try

YUMMIES

It also made for Great Squishing in those little hands lol

After we got back home I destemmed them all a very light washing to rinse the bugs off if any

Boiled 4 cups of water and tossed them in to steep for 45 minutes

After Straining the Honeysuckles I added the sugar and liquid pectin and 4 drops yellow food coloring next time I think I will only add one drop of coloring and let the jam have more of a natural color since the Gang Loved the Jelly .

Filled 5 beautiful Jars

Full of  Spring and Sunshine
The recipe can be found herehttp://countrylife.lehmans.com/2011/06/14/honeysuckle-jelly/
The Smith Gang Loved it ,I am thrilled to find this recipe will be making more and its free  ,no pesticides and right here on the farm yay :)!!

So after much enjoyment being outside and seeing the Sun in my jars I thought I would check on my Sunflower Patch

They are up and Growing MySmitty added Our Sunflower Stone I painted and its now Official the Sunflower Season Begins

These are Black Sunflower Seedlings that will be used to feed the Rabbits and Goats


SPRING BREAK sorry guys its not the Beach :(
     Off I went checking on Chad and his Sweet Sweet Friend Desee. Seems when kids come to hang out  with us I can always pursuade them to help plant or feed  one of  the animals. Desee didn't mind at all ,they planted Okra seeds for me, not sure if its to early or not but we thought we would give the saved seeds from last years harvest ago:) He is taking an Ag class himself and has to raise his own Garden for class so he just jumped right in.

Meet Sargent lol he never diggs but let someone start digging and he will jump right in to enjoy the fresh cool dirt:)

See silly Boy joined me as I worked on my own little Garden Spot

I managed to clear out this for a trail spot of Spinach ,lettuce and Chinese cabbage.

Ole Grandmaw came to take the Boys to  eat Chinese for a Treat during Spring break
they loved telling me all about it when they got home. Seems those plates needed alot of SideBodies from their stories :)
          Hope You Enjoy this Beautiful Spring Easter Weekend
              We have so much to be Thankful for in Our Life
                               Love, From My  Smith Gang  

No comments:

Post a Comment