Monday, April 23, 2012

A Health Screening Date

                             For Valentines Day I gave my Husband a
                                      Gift of a Health Screening
His appt. was last week ,we spent Our Date day together and he took part of  The Life Line Screening


He signed in ,filled out a few questions and off he went

I am one that fully believes in Preventive Health Screens
My husband and I have been to several and it seems each time we have found out a health issue with a few basic easy health test.
I had started running Marathons and was so Blessed to attend one called
The Never Quit Never,
where they do Blood Pressure checks on the beach . I insisted MySmitty get his checked it was a little high! I was in this Marathon in Honor of my younger brother who had a stroke before age 40 so the Alarm bells went off when they told my husband his Blood Pressure was up, we had no idea. He went to the doctor as soon as we got back and had it checked and placed on meds, so I am very thankful for that Health Screen.


I received a coupon in the mail for this Screening and it just kept being placed on my Heart to sign Hubby up. So for Valentines Day I called and made him an Appt.
Thought alittle
LOVE to the Body was the
Best CHOCOLATE I could give him.

The Screen was  easily explained

After a Quick Weigh In he began
He said everyone was very nice and explained every step

                                Here is a Few of the Screenings
                                      On the Cards you can see what the Screenings where about
                                              and actually what they do for that Screening
Bone Density

AAA Screening

CA Screening

AF Screening

PAD Screening

                 The Testing was very Easy he said and we where given some other test results such as Blood Pressure ,a Glucose Screening that he Fasted for ,A Cholesterol Check ( still need more Fish in our diet n supplements for him, we are working on that  )and a few more .
 
                    After his Screening we had a Picnic in the Truck at the Health Fair , Ham Sandwiches ,Sweet Tea and MySmitty's Favorite My Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies. He Said A Sweet Blessing  and WE Enjoyed our Picnic:)

        Last week was definately a week for Doctor visits MySmitty also had a followup and on his Colonoscopy that was recently done our doctor said Welcome to being 50 lol, everything came back non-cancerous but he did receive news he will have to repeat every 3 years not 5. Then I had another RFA done on my Lower Back last Friday still so sore but I can stand now and have made it outside a couple times:) Just going to Rest this week.

                       May You all have a Beautiful Week ,
               If you get a chance sign up for a Health Screen
                             It just may save YOUR Life!
                       Love From Our Smith Gang 






                

No comments:

Post a Comment