Monday, June 25, 2012

Some New Cute Farm Animals Arrive

        Introducing some New Farm Animals added this past weekend
This weekend we added 3 new Does ,
these are 2,8 week old Florida Whites
I am  excited to add these new Meat Rabbits to our Pens

The other Doe is an older Moma
also a Florida white
she was expecting but with the stress of moving her at her due date (Sunday)her babies were born sunday afternoon only one  made it ,,so far out of 5 .
Hoping she settles into her new home .we will definately wait awhile before breeding her.

   OUR NEWEST AND BIGGEST SURPRISE :)
Meet WILBUR and WALLIE
I was thrilled to get these 2 new cuties
Not so sure the hubby was but what fun I am having:)
Yes them babies rode in my lap all the way home!!!
See the trailor in the background they moved it beside our pecan tree so I could watch Wilbur and Wallie a few weeks before we move them to their new home.
they are still very small
so I wanted to give them some extra attention.

while  Tim and Chad worked on the rabbit pen ( I bathed lol )
And our California Buck Thumper thought he would jump and visit the new ladies
Alrighty Thumper get back to your side of the pen!

Wilbur

Wallie


The boys are settling In
I gave them an old asleeping bag to stay cozy at night

Naptime they went

           Later that evening Tim and I made our first  ever batch of Soap
we went with the  Cucumber Soap Recipe
since we had grown plenty of them in our garden
we added Cream Cheese Frosting Oil for the extra scent

Loads of soft Oils
Coconut Oil, Crisco and Olive Oil


Mixed with Lye water at 130 degrees and Poured Looks so Pretty

Wrapped in several Throw Blankets to hold Heat

After the 24 hours I unwrapped YAY !!!

Cut and ready to Cure for 4 weeks
It turned Out Lovely

Lathers up and has a light scent
So Hubby and I are now enjoying our newest Hobby
SoapMakers:)
May You have a Blessed Week from Our
Home Sweet Home,
The Smith Gang

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new additions! And the lovely soap. I haven't made soap in years. I need to give it a try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh we enjoyed making the soap. Hoping the kids take interest in helping us, the boys are so addicted to axe liquid soap and 2 teenage boys can run up a soap bill in a minute;) I would love to see some of your soap recipes.

      Delete