Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blessings from Our Tiny Little Corn Patch

                       Sometimes in the wee hours of the morning
                        I would tiptoe out with Coffee in Hand
                to watch the sun come up over this tiny little Corn Patch.
To see the Beautiful Sunrays God Created for Us to Enjoy in Life and Look at and be still and be in an
AWWWW of that  Beautiful Moment
A Moment that makes You stop and Give thanks for what you have in Life,
And to Pray those much needed Prayers.
Seems like I am rewinding time, a time to return to Simplier things in Life to Find a New Meaning for Me and My Family.A time to see Beauty in something as Simple as a little Corn Patch that has Grown to Provide for those on our Farm....

See this Beautiful Basket
 it has held Story Books at christmas , Pine Cones Painted and Beaded One Year at Christmas , tons of My Collected Seashells when my Baby Sister lived in Florida near the Beach ,Washcloths on the Bathroom floor when we had no cabinet space,Crammed in the Closet and told thru that away we have to much JUNK lol.
Well on that  Morning I looked at my Basket and was Gleaming with Joy and Pride as I tiptoed out to pick that Corn and fill my basket while everyone slept  ,filled  and emptied to pick over 30 ears of Corn that Morning , to cut off the Cob to make skillet Corn for Supper, knowing how much my Family loves it !!The boys had started eating the corn raw right in the patch, so if any was to be saved I needed to pick it before they cleaned it all out lol. As I pulled the corn  I felt such Blessings of Peace from something as Simple as filling  that Old basket. It gave it NEW LIFE .

As I sat in my favorite spot under the Pecan Tree I picked the Corn Leaves to Feed Our cute little Rabbits
Knowing they too would love eating them with
 wet dew still on the  Leaves.. Bringing them Food for Life. 


look at all those cute little noses:)


Thumper, Orange Blossom and Cinnamon-n-Sugar
waiting so eagerly

Peeling back the layers one by one
Bringing forth a New Life from within

So Beautiful

One for the Skillet ,2 for the Freezer
ended up with 3 gallons for Freezer and
one huge mess for supper:)lol

Making sure nothing goes to waste
I took the left over cobs and made
Corn Cob Jelly
found a great link herehttp://chickensintheroad.com/cooking/how-to-make-corn-cob-jelly/
After boiling the cobs and saving the juice out to the chicken pen the cobs went,giving more Life and teaching me to provide  for all on the farm has brought Simple Pleasures to me as I help provide Food for Life:)

Our Corn Cob Jelly tasted like a mixture of popcorn and honey on our biscuits bringing Sweet Smiles from the Gang that brought the Joy of Life of being MOM to my Gang:) 

All the leaves have now been stripped  from our peaceful little  corn patch for the rabbits
and the boys and I planted Rattlesnake Green Beans to run up the Drying stalks bringing NEW LIFE to those stalks .
A  Pleasure in MY LIFE will be to continue to Tiptoe out to watch and be in AWWWW for a few moments that continues to grow  from
      that tiny little Corn Patch.


May You seek out Simple Pleasures in YOUR LIFE  today, Maybe even seeking a Renewing of Spiritual life ,
In that Quiet AWWW Moment,
Love from Our Smith Gang




King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life

No comments:

Post a Comment