Monday, May 14, 2012

SmithGangs Memory Lane Mondays

My Hearts True Love "Horses"

Aww this is Me when I was alittle girl. I loved Horses from the time I saw my very first horse.
As you can tell my favorite way was to ride bareback, grab the horses mane and pull up.
OOO the feeling of riding nothing like it in the World.
A nice set of reigns and of you go.
I was probably about 8 years old in the pic.

Even my choice of toys was horse stables and Horses,the more Horses the Better.
A story to share
I do remember one time one of my Horse Stable toys that had an extending Coral in mine and my sisters room( the Gangs Aunt Lynn) was used for a runts pig pen lol.
YUP ,
we saved that pig, brought it right into our bedroom ,put a diaper on it and we took turns bottle feeding it lol .well I would say sister Lynn did more feeding than me !
 Our sweet little piglet was named Petuna.
 Now she was kept in my Horse stable for Quite awhile but who would care
 a REAL Charlettes Web WILBUR
right in 2 little Girls Bedroom COUNTRY LIVING AT ITS BEST :) 
That sweet pig grew up to be quite a Pig ,she would walk us to the fence for us to cross for the school bus. After school she was always waiting for u to come home . Our brothers even taught her to play Football!!
I eventually got my Toy Horse stable back lol  .
I grew up riding Sugar and Sandy my Brothers Shetlands ,eventually somehow I came to own half of Sugar the Back half lol. Enough to ride all I could they were not always the easiest to catch and yes I have been thrown a couple times!! Ouch !
 The scardest I ever was on a Horse ,when I was a pre-teen we would go to Gaines Riding Stables in the country to ride. That day I got a Horse named Sprite,well Sprite found a watermelon sticking in the patch right at the end of the fence and she wouldn't move,so a slap of the reigns and a hard kick and she reared up on me , my first time I was terrified then later thrilled :) Hated to see those stables close.
When  Tim and I started Dating we went riding at a friends  house ,
Lets just say I showed out so he could watch me ride and ride HARD and FAST I DID !( WINK) Never could talk him into Riding:( He left that passion to me.

I haven't rode in many years now but one thing is for sure
the LOVE I HAVE FOR HORSES has NEVER LEFT ME !
So P.S. to the SmithGang as ya'll start having Grandbabies just Smile when I gift them Horse Toys to Play with and Horse Blankets to Snuggle with and know its from your MOMS one true Love :)

May You all have a Wonderful Monday and take a minute to look back at your Childhood Memories For this Monday,
Hope You Enjoyed a Walk Down Our Gangs Monday Memory LANE :)
Love From Our Smith Gang



No comments:

Post a Comment