Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Peach Peel Jelly

My Sweet Cuzin Barbara stopped by and gave us some
Georgia Peaches, Yummy!

Started peeling them thinking of what to do with them mmm..
Yup Peach Jelly was top on my list. I am hooked on
Jelly Making :)
I looked at several blogs to find a recipe and over at Hickery Holler Farms she had the Perfect one Peach Peel Jelly you will find the  link here http://hickeryhollerfarm.blogspot.com/2011/07/peach-peel-jelly.html  I wasn't able to soak mine over nite and I added 2 cut up whole peaches to the jam but its AWESOME !!

I had a cute little helper that wanted to know what those pretty peach balls were for lol. She couldn't keep her hands off so the best way to solve that was to ........

Put her on the table ,give her one to eat ,so I could watch those HANDS !!

This half of the Peaches I let soak in sugar till supper for Peach Shortcakes ,so so Good

This half I boiled down for the Jelly

Borrowed my Moms old strainer and Malet and squished it lol

This part was Fun and Relaxing
Now mm I got busy and the house got quiet where did that baby go ???

I tiptoed to look in her room, she has started wandering in their for some independant playtime and looky she has dragged her a room full of toys out lol. I went back to canning and jarred up the jelly

They turned out
PEACHY!
Just Beautiful in the sunlight and tasted so yummy 

                     If You get a Chance this week ,Grab yourself some 
 fresh peaches at the Farmers Market or better yet find a local Peach Orchard and have a Great  Family time out Picking them,
            With Love from Our Smith Gang, 
                       Have a Blessed Week

No comments:

Post a Comment