Friday, August 10, 2012

Family Vacation Fishing

Vacation Fishing
Doesn't get any better than this!
My Smitty had a few days of last week and we choose to stay home and fish my daddys catfish pond, with soo many animals to feed we needed to stay close by this vacation . Our first time ever having to stay home from a big vacation beach trip or something of the such but we enjoyed being home . Hubby being a truckdriver didn't mind at all not getting in the truck to go on another trip and me with the back problems was glad also.

We do cheat alittle bit fishing we throw a couple hands of dogfood out to feed the catfish and they come a running lol, NAH ..swimming!

Every once in awhile a cow comes too
see the cow birds

They filled these trees UP !

So me and my Girl Power Pink Fishing Rod
caught several of these nice size catfish
Course I gotta sport my Georgia Boots:)

 YOU Catchum' you clean um'


I don't mind cleaning just don't like taking them off my pole catfish will fin ya if not careful


See Smitty is so sweet to take them off for ME !
This trip took us fishing to the WEE HOURS of the Morning

Now this was a SUPRISE CATCH of the Night
Dusty caught a huge turtle
hubby had got him on the line twice but the turtle bit the hook off and he lost him but Dusty hooked him and shot him.
It was exciting I have never had so much excitement, I have never seen a turtle shooting and CLEANING!

Dusty showing him off
More on this Young Man to come,hint hint !!

Chase was thrilled to hold the turtle ,um
me being mom was not so sure on that

Dusty gave us a lesson on how to clean it and while he was cleaning he was telling me how to cook it !

OKAY ,I must admit the feet were really cool looking
the web foot was just like a ducks

Smitty washed it and battered it ,then I fried it up.
He and the boys ate it ,I did give a small taste and I usually do eat all kinds of game but turtle will not be on my menu sorry Gang !

Poppop gave Sophia a ride while we did take one afternoon and work on a small garden patch for fall

We dug up the old sunflower roots and re-rooted the tomato plants ,poor things had got lost in all the weeds in this patch.
Now hoping they take. and planted 3 rows of potatoes.
Yup and thats why I didn't get to join them on tonights fishing trip I can barely walk but I insisted on crawling and doing the planting of the potatoes while hubby dug the rows.


A True Mr. Potatoe Head (lol)
Can't ya just see those 2 beady tiny eyes behind that
big ole NOSE !!

May You and your family have a wonderful weekend,
hugs from the SmithGang

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a fantastic time. And what good eats. We hope to put a pond in someday. Too bad my DH doesn't like catfish. Fried? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh ,my DH doesn't eat catfish either , just me and the kids. I usually cook him some talapia or salmon.the boys call the tails, fish chips and go crazy getting them to eat after cooking. Our farm had a pond started but stopped . Hoping the road crews might need more dirt oneday. till then its a water hole for CJ and Goats.

      Delete