Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Figs, Frogs Legs and a Fall

Oh How i love fig season

My Dads trees have been Blessed this year

These are Hubbies favorite
Sometimes hard to get them to the Jars before they gobble them up

I measure out one quart fresh figs at a time

My Daddys recipe which won him 2nd place at the fair years ago, one quart figs to one cup sugar

They Smell amazing while cooking

They look so pretty in the jars

so far , I have put up 13 quarts , 5 pints and 6 half pints (for gifting)

While out in the Pea Patch  with Chad
this cute little froggy scared me
and got me thinking mmm yummy Frog Legs LOL!
So off to the market we went

Home came 3 dozen Frog legs

After washing them and  soaking them
in mustard and ice for 2 hours
And a Quick dip in Louisiana Hot sauce

 I coat them with cornmeal and plain flour mixed to crisp them


Off to the Frying Pan they GO :)

And what a Yummy Meal it makes
Cajun Frog Legs
Homegrown  Potatoes and Greenbeans,Yummy Rolls and Hush Puppies and always 
 Southern Sweet Tea

Dig In lol
Smitty loves them

Guess who else Loves them !!?

Then this past week I took a nasty fall going under the Pecan tree to water and feed the rabbits:(
Quite the Bruises and a twisted ankle on the other foot and set my back pain a soaring a few days later geez I felt like i had been in a wreck! Finally i am walking better just when I thought I could leave the Cane at home ...Still thinking I should have had the ankle X-rayed but I have seen enuff docs !! he can look at it at my next Doc visit in August if its still being aggravating .
Well off to  check the animals
May You have a Blessed Day ,
Love from the smith Gang

2 comments:

  1. Wish I lived closer to you guys. Sorry you are in pain from your fall. The figs look so good, umm not so sure about the frog legs LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rochelle you gotta try um .We love them. I'm doing much better now, just alittle sore now.hope your having a wonderful Summer.

      Delete