Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Rabbits have LANDED on our FARM !

                     The Bunnies are here!
My brother Tommy stopped to give the kids bunnies
One cute Orange one for Sophia and the boys got two grey ones.
We had talked several months ago on it but I had totally forgot,I was so thrilled. Now even thou they r cute we will be Breeding these lovelies for meat as well.
 





Into the kitchen they went until Tim could get home.
Sophia played and stayed right in the kitchen with them. Okay having a baby in the house I was so worried ummm..Poop was going to get picked up and eaten.lol

Sophia's favorite Spot lol

So the guys made it home and we go out and start moving pieces for the barn and Rabbit pen


PopPop giving Sophia a Tractor ride

The boys worked hard lifting those poles:)



MY HANDSOME GUYS,and one cute little SWEETIE!!!!!
That Blue sky is AMAZING :)



We are Recycling this old Baby calf feeder
 into a Rabbit Pen

Daddy came up to give us some Building Wisdom

This Project took several days

Chad begins remodeling Then we decided to go the Auction Saturday March 24, to get me a Buck. I was hoping to get a California,New Zealand or a Florida White.
So we started making more plans.
When we got home my sisters family had came down to visit
My Nephew Zeb was down  from Atlanta and brought Miss Sophia a Gift
So sweet a Moment
Zeb was so glad she liked it
Thank you from all of us for Sophias gift:)
My youngest sister Marci had a chance to play with Sophia
Awweee Great Aunt Loving
OK Sister time for us to go inside and let me show my cute Auction Find for the Farm lol I knew she was going to be shocked at my new babies.

Meet my New Doe,We named her WHITE-OUT
we couldn't wait to get her out.
My goodness wire cutting is not easy.
White-out is suppose to be Breed,we
talked with the seller he said he believes she was.
Perfect time to buy them it being close to Easter time.
I was so Happy I got the only 2 California Rabbits
 there that day:)She is just so LOVEABLE!!
They are wonderful Meat Rabbits.I'm excited I will be helping our grocery bill.

Look at her FACE LOL
LOVE IT !







Next Morning the guys went back to work on the pen

I did give alittle assistance I cut the Wire


Rearranged the plans several times,
Bless their Hearts

Finally we started moving them in
Sadly we lost one small one the first nite that was a
HUGE LEARNING CURVE!
More nails in screws to tack it down and after a week we have done well and haven't lost anymore,
So we have our Buck and 3 Does
They have been a COMPLETE JOY to the FARM.

MEET THUMPER
This is OUR first Buck
Let me tell ya ,this one was not lovable like my Doe White-Out
he tore me up and I learned Quick how to hold one better, My arms were so scratched I bled terribly and had to doctor them for several days!OUCH !!

AHH WHITE-OUT loves her new home. I have enjoyed learning this past week what they love to eat,
Plenty of Rye Grass, Collards,Clover and Over Ripe Bananas
I had no idea Rabbits love Fruit.

So It's Official the Smith Gang Family Farm is now  raising Rabbits !
Once we learn to breed successfully this will compliment my job of a stay at home little Farming MOM:)

     May you all Enjoy the rest of the Weekend ,
 I Got another Surprize addition to the Farm
in my next post!
LOVE FROM MY GANG:)

No comments:

Post a Comment